Spring Clean Up
The Town of Telluride, San Miguel County, EcoAction Partners and The Town of Mountain Village Sponsor Spring Clean Up, where those pesky items including Hazardous Waste that pile up can be recycled in town!
- Household and Garden Refuse Only: No Commercial Trash Please
- Scrap Metal: (will be recycled)
- Tires-No Rims: $3.00 per car & light truck tire; (will not go to landfill)
- Appliances: $35.00 per Refrigerator or Freezer Without "Freon Removed" Sticker
- Vehicle Batteries: No Household Batteries (take these to haz mat)
- Household Recyclable Items: (will be recycled) Glass, Aluminum, Tin, #1-#6 Plastics, Newspaper, Magazines, Copy Paper, Paperboard, Phone Books, Junk Mail, Cardboard
- Electronics: Varying Fees, All Items Will Be Recycle
- Large Copiers (floor models) $50.00
- Televisions >30" $30.00
- Televisions > 19" $15.00
- Monitors & Televisions < 19" $12.00
- Desktop Printer/Fax Machine $12.00
- Whole CPU's, Towers, Laptops, Battery Backups $ 8.00
- Consumer Electronics: Stereos, VCR's, Cameras $ 7.00
- Keyboards, Speakers, Mice, External Hard Drives FREE
- Cell Phones, Home Phones, Cables, Circuit Boards, etc. FREE
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Includes: pesticides, poisons, acids, paint and paint thinner, kerosene, turpentine, solvents, household batteries, fluorescent lamps, CFL's, light ballasts, motor oil, transmission fluid, hydraulic and brake fluids, etc. Some of the fees are: $2.00 for each gallon of paint and $3.00 for each gallon of used motor oil.
When?: All recycling is May 18 and 19th, 2012 from 10am-3pm. Hazardous Waste Clean Up is only the 19th from 8am - 12pm.
Where?: All drop off is W. Black Bear Road
Between Shandoka and Public Works Facility. Hazardous Waste Drop Off is North Lot of Highschool Parking Lot
Happy Spring Cleaning!